Preparations before health examination
- Avoid meat, alcoholic beverages and overwork 2~3 days before examination.
- Eat a light dinner before 19:00 the day before the examination and be careful not to eat or drink anything after midnight (including water, gum and smoking)
- Patients who are scheduled for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy under sedation will be required to follow the preparatory instructions described in the patient guide.
- Patients who are scheduled for colonoscopy (under sedation) will be required to follow the preparatory instructions described in the patient guide.
- Patients who are scheduled for colonoscopy (under sedation) will be required to come with a guardian and should avoid driving after the examination.
- There are medications that should be checked by the doctor before receiving examination due to risk of bleeding during endoscopic biopsy. There are medications that shouldn’t be suspended, so please consult your doctor.
- The following is a list of the most common drugs that should be checked.
(aspirin, Astrix, Superpirin Cap., Clopirin Cap., Disgren, Vesseldue-F, Rhonal Tab., Plavitor Tab., Plavix, Platless Tab., Pregrel, Cloart Tab., Pidogul Tab., Anplag Tab., warfarin, Coumadin, Pletaal, etc.)
Preparations on the day of examination
- Please maintain a fasting condition. Avoid eating or drinking including water, medication, gum or smoking.
- Patients who are taking hypertension medication should drink a minimum amount of water at 06:00 on the day of the examination.
- Patients who are taking diabetes medication should not take insulin or diabetes medicine on the morning of the day of the examination.
- Please fill in and bring the questionnaire on the day of the examination.
- Please take a stool sample on the day before or on the day of the examination. Use the spoon on the stool kit’s cap and take a bean-size sample (approx. 5g) of your stool.
- Payment for the examination should be made on the day of the examination at our payment office. (We accept both cash and credit card.)
- please notify our staff as there are some tests that should be avoided in such case.
- Female patients require a pregnancy test before examination.
- Female patients who are scheduled for PAP smear (cervical cancer test) should avoid sexual intercourse, use of vaginal tablet or cream 48~72 hours before the test.
- Please bring your glasses or contact lenses.
- Please notify us in advance if you wish to change or cancel your examination appointment. (+82-2-950-1003, 1156)
- Avoid bringing valuables and children to the hospital.
- Parking is free for the day of the examination and we register your number plate.
Application for examination
- Reservation is required as we can accommodate only a limited number of patients.
- Patients receiving endoscopy under sedation should be accompanied by a guardian.
- Patients with chronic disorders that are accompanied by liver cirrhosis and liver dysfunction, chronic pulmonary diseases, angina and other chronic disorders require special care when receiving endoscopy under sedation.
Patients who have a chronic disorder must notify our staff before the examination.
- Sedation may take longer or prove difficult in some patients receiving endoscopy under sedation, and recovery time may differ between patients.
- Do not drive after receiving endoscopy under sedation.
- Colonoscopy is used to observe the inside of the anus, rectum and colon.
- It is very important to empty the bowel to obtain accurate results in colonoscopy, so please follow the instructions very carefully.
- Polpectomy (therapeutic colonoscopy) is carried out in a one-stop manner in coordination with our hospital’s Digestive Disease Center.(additional costs can occur)
- Patient should be accompanied by a guardian and avoid driving after examination.
- Women who are in their menstrual period cannot receive examination, and please do not take oral laxatives before examination.
Guide on meals and diet
- Food to avoid 7 days before examination
|Black rice, brown rice, shredded rice, etc|
|Kimchi, seasoned vegetables, seaweed (sea mustard, laver, kelp), mushroom, bean sprouts|
|Fruits with seeds (watermelon, strawberry, grape, kiwi, etc.), pepper seed, corn, nuts (peanut, pine nut, walnut)|
Guide on meals and diet
- Guide on meals and diet - Eat breakfast as you normally would.
- Lunch and dinner should be soup or a light menu before 18:00.
- Add one each of the Coolprep acids A and B in a white tube.
We put 500cc of water
- Shake and melt
Time to take reagent on day before examination.
② 7:00 PM please dissolve. Coolprep in water like the picture and take it until 8:00 pm.
③ Drink 1 liter of water from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm.(after 2 or 3 hours from taking the dose, defecation will be started.)
Time to take reagent on day of examination.
② 5:30 PM please dissolve Coolprep in water like the picture and take it until 6:00 pm.
③ Drink 1 liter of water from 6:00 am to 7:00 am.
④ No food is allowed(including water) and no smoking after that.