Sung Woo Cho
Coronary intervention, Heart failure, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia, Valvular heart disease
Sung Woo Cho
Coronary intervention, Heart failure, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia, Valvular heart disease
M.D., College of Medicine, Inje University, Busan, Korea
M.S., Internal Medicine, Graduate school, Inje University, Busan, Korea
Ph.D., Graduate School of Medical Science and Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
Internship, Inje University Sanggye Paik Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Residency, Department of Internal Medicine, Inje University Sanggye Paik Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Researcher (Alternative Military Service), Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Stem Cell, Biomedical Research Center, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea
Clinical fellow, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Assistant professor, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Inje University College of Medicine, Seoul Paik Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Assistant professor, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Inje University College of Medicine, Ilsan Paik Hospital, Cardiac & Vascular Center, Goyang, Korea
Present) Associate professor, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Inje University College of Medicine, Ilsan Paik Hospital, Cardiac & Vascular Center, Goyang, Korea
Present) Deputy director, Planning office, Inje University Ilsan Paik Hospital, Goyang, Korea
Present) Affiliated professor, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease Center, Smart Marine Therapeutics Center, Inje University, Busan, Korea
□ Affiliation of Medical and Scientific Societies
Member, Korean Medical Association
Member, The Korean Association of Internal Medicine
Member, Korean Society of Cardiology
-2021.1-2022.12 Member, Scientific Committee (Coordinator of Basic research)
Member, Korean Society of Interventional Cardiology
-2021.8-2023.7 Member, Scientific Committee, Gyeongin branch
-2022.4-2024.3 Secretary, Scientific Committee, Korean Transcatheter Intervention Route Investigation
Member, The Korean Society of Heart Failure
-2022.3-2024.2 Member, Scientific, Medical Information & Communication Committee
Member, Korean Society of Echocardiography
Member, Korean Society of Cardiology Working Group on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences
-2022.1-2023.12 Chair, Scientific Committee
Member, The Korean Society of Lipid and Atherosclerosis
Councilor, Korean Society for Vascular Biology and Medicine
-2022.1-2023.12 Secretary, Committee of Planning
Member of Publishing Committee, Korean Society of Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
Member, Treasurer, Korean Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine
Member of Academy Committee, Cardiovascular division, Korean Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Society
□ Honors and Awards
2020 Excellent Reviewer Award of Korean Circulation Journal, Korean Society of Cardiology (2020.10)
2019 Inje Distinguished Scholar Award, Inje University (2020.01)
Best Poster, European Society of Cardiology (ESC) congress 2017 (2017.08)
Excellent Article Award, Samsung Medical Center, Heart Vascular Stroke Institute (2016.11)
Young Investigator Award, Korean Society of Cardiology, 58th Annual Scientific Meeting (2014.11)
□ Publication as a major author (First or Corresponding author)
36. Pharmacologic activation of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 alleviates diabetic cardiomyopathy in db/db mice by reducing reactive oxidative stress. Diabetes Metab J. 2022 [In Press].
35. Effect of Direct Stenting on Microvascular Dysfunction during Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute Myocardial Infarction: a randomized pilot study. J Int Med Res. 2022 50(9):1-15. https://doi.org/10.1177/03000605221127888.
34. Mitochondrial energy metabolic transcriptome profiles during cardiac differentiation from mouse and human pluripotent stem cells. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. 2022 26(5):357-365. https://doi.org/10.4196/kjpp.2022.26.5.357.
33. Regression of left ventricular hypertrophy in a patient with systemic lupus erythematous. J Cardiovasc. Dis. Res. 2021 12(6):1080-1085. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.06.148.
32. Stage specific transcriptome profiles at cardiac lineage commitment during cardiomyocyte differentiation from mouse and human pluripotent stem cells. BMB Rep. 2021 54(9):464-469. https://doi.org/10.5483/BMBRep.2021.54.9.046.
31. Long-term outcomes of clopidogrel monotherapy versus prolonged dual antiplatelet therapy beyond 12 months after percutaneous coronary intervention in high-risk patients. J Korean Med Sci. 2021 36(16):e106. https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2021.36.e106.
30. Subclinical and Tiny Myocardial Injury within Upper Reference Limit of Cardiac Troponin Should Not Be Ignored After Noncardiac Surgery. Korean Circ J. 2020 50(10):e135. https://doi.org/10.4070/kcj.2020.0327.
29. Clinical implications of early exercise treadmill testing after percutaneous coronary intervention in the drug-eluting stent era. J Korean Med Sci. 2020 35(27):e229. https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2020.35.e229.
28. Response by Kim et al. to Letter regarding article, "Prominent Thebesian veins, a rare congenital coronary anomaly presenting as acute myocardial ischemia". J Cardiol Cases. 2020 22(3):147-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jccase.2020.05.023.
27. Prominent Thebesian veins, a rare congenital coronary anomaly presenting as acute myocardial ischemia. J Cardiol Cases. 2020 21(4):127-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jccase.2019.11.007.
26. Successful percutaneous coronary intervention with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support after right coronary artery dissection in an Eisenmenger’s syndrome patient. Acute Crit Care. 2020 35(1):46-50. https://doi.org/10.4266/acc.2017.00024.
25. Relationship between the ST-Segment Resolution and Microvascular Dysfunction in Patients Underwent Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Cardiol Res Pract. vol. 2019, Article ID 8695065, 8 pages, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/8695065.
24. Spontaneous left main coronary artery dissection presenting with acute myocardial infarction in an elderly male: a clue from the collateral flow. Int Cardiovasc Res J. 2019 13(2):69-71.
23. Clinical features, predictors, and long-term prognosis of pacing-induced cardiomyopathy. Eur J Heart Fail. 2019 21(5):643-651. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejhf.1427.
22. Simultaneous left and right ventricular apical thrombi after occlusion of the wrapped left anterior descending artery. J Cardiol Cases. 2019 19(5):153-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jccase.2018.12.015.
21. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement in a patient with anomalous origin of the left coronary artery. J Cardiol Cases. 2019 19(4):133-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jccase.2018.12.011.
20. Regenerative potential of mouse embryonic stem cell-derived PDGFRα+ cardiac lineage committed cells in infarcted myocardium. World J Stem Cells. 2019 11(1):44-54. https://dx.doi.org/10.4252/wjsc.v11.i1.44.
19. Assessment of Myocardial Fibrosis by using Multimodality Imaging in Severe Aortic Stenosis: Comparison with Histologic Fibrosis. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019 12(1):109-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2018.05.028.
18. Extended Clopidogrel Therapy Beyond 12 Months and Long-Term Outcomes in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus Receiving Coronary Arterial Second-Generation Drug-Eluting Stents. Am J Cardiol. 2018 122(5):705-711. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2018.05.001.
17. A Novel Atypical PKC-Iota Inhibitor, Echinochrome A, Enhances Cardiomyocyte Differentiation from Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. Mar Drugs. 2018 16(6):192. https://doi.org/10.3390/md16060192.
16. Multimodality Imaging of Anomalous Left Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery. J Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2017 25(3):107-109. https://doi.org/10.4250/jcu.2017.25.3.107.
15. Generation of PDGFRα+ Cardioblasts from Pluripotent Stem Cells. Sci Rep. 2017 7:41840. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep41840.
14. Impact of moderate to severe renal impairment on long-term clinical outcomes in patients with atrial fibrillation. J Cardiol. 2017 69(3):577-583. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jjcc.2016.04.006.
13. Clinical outcomes of vasospastic angina patients presenting with acute coronary syndrome. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016 5(11):e004336. https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.116.004336.
12. Hemorheological and glycemic parameters and HDL cholesterol for prediction of cardiovascular events. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2016 106(1):56-61. http://doi.org/10.5935/abc.20150146.
11. Stent Length is the Contributing Factor of Suboptimal Stent Expansion in Drug-Eluting Stents. Kardiol Pol. 2015 73(8):598-605. https://doi.org/10.5603/KP.a2015.0034.
10. Prediction of Coronary Artery Disease in Patients with Lower Extremity Peripheral Artery Disease. Int Heart J. 2015 56(2):209-212. https://doi.org/10.1536/ihj.14-284.
9. 3-Dimensional Echocardiographic Views of Bicuspid Pulmonic Valve. J Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2014 22(3):162-163. https://doi.org/10.4250/jcu.2014.22.3.162.
8. Dual modulation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore and redox signaling synergistically promotes cardiomyocyte differentiation from pluripotent stem cells. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014 3(2):e000693. https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.113.000693.
7. Non-invasively measured aortic wave reflection and pulse pressure amplification are related to the severity of coronary artery disease. J Cardiol. 2013 62(2):131-137. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jjcc.2013.03.014.
6. A case of primary cardiac lymphoma mimicking acute coronary and aortic syndrome. Korean Circ J. 2012 42(11):776-780. https://doi.org/10.4070/kcj.2012.42.11.776.
5. A Case of Acute Total Obstruction of the Left Main Coronary Artery Presenting with Atypical Momentary Electrocardiogram Changes. J Kor Soc Emerg Med. 2012 23(1):141-144.
4. The relation of non-invasively and invasively assessed aortic pulsatile indicies to the presence and severity of coronary artery disease. Blood press. 2011 20(5):309-16. https://doi.org/10.3109/08037051.2011.570055.
3. Education and imaging. Gastrointestinal: Scrub typhus induced acute gastric ulceration. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 25(7):1331. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1746.2010.06401.x.
2. Intraoperative diagnosis of right atrial thrombi with pulmonary embolism using transthoracic echocardiography. Korean J Med. 2010 78(5):624-629.
1. Primary cardiac lymphoma presenting with atrioventricular block. Korean Circ J. 2010 40(2):94-98. http://doi.org/10.4070/kcj.2010.40.2.94.
□ Publication as a contributing author
18. Echinochrome A Prevents Diabetic Nephropathy by Inhibiting the PKC-Iota Pathway and Enhancing Renal Mitochondrial Function in db/db Mice. Mar Drugs. 2023 21(4):222. https://doi.org/10.3390/md21040222.
17. Impact of chronic kidney disease on clinical outcomes in patients with stage B progressive aortic regurgitation (mild to moderate and moderate grades). Clin Cardiol. 2022 45(4):391-400. https://doi.org/10.1002/clc.23792.
16. Idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome with intracardiac atypical linear-shaped and floating thrombus presenting as embolic cerebral infarction. J Cardiol Cases. 2021 23(5):193-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jccase.2020.10.015.
15. BH4 activates CaMKK2 and rescues the cardiomyopathic phenotype in rodent models of diabetes. Life Sci Alliance. 2020 3(9):e201900619. http://doi.org/10.26508/lsa.201900619.
14. Benefit of Prolonged Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Implantation of Drug-Eluting Stent for Coronary Bifurcation Lesions: Results from the COBIS (Coronary Bifurcation Stenting) Registry II. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018 11:e005849. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.117.005849.
13. Impact of different nitrate therapies on long-term clinical outcomes of patients with vasospastic angina: A propensity score-matched analysis. Int J Cardiol. 2018 252:1-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2017.07.031.
12. Gender differences in long-term clinical outcomes and prognostic factors in patients with vasospastic angina. Int J Cardiol. 2017 249:6-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2017.05.094.
11. Nanopillar Surface Topology Promotes Cardiomyocyte Differentiation through Cofilin-Mediated Cytoskeleton Rearrangement. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017 9(20):16803-16812. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b01555.
10. Clinical implications of low-dose aspirin on vasospastic angina patients without significant coronary artery stenosis; a propensity score-matched analysis. Int J Cardiol. 2016 221:161-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2016.06.195.
9. Mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase 1 regulates early differentiation of cardiomyocytes from mouse embryonic stem cells. Exp Mol Med. 2016 48(8):e254. https://doi.org/10.1038/emm.2016.70.
8. Reduced systemic vascular resistance is the underlying hemodynamic mechanism in nitrate-stimulated vasovagal syncope during head-up tilt-table test. J Arrhythmia. 2015 31(4):196-200. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joa.2014.11.008.
7. Regular exercise training reduces coronary restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol. 2013 167(6):2617-2622. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2012.06.122.
6. A Case of Acute ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction with Normal Coronary Arteries after Binge Drinking. Inje Medical J. 2011 32(1):153-159.
5. A case of acute myocardial infarction with resolution of ST-segment elevation immediately after ventricular defibrillation. Korean J Med. 2011 80(6):708-711.
4. Imatinib-mesylate induced interstitial pneumonitis in two CML patients. Tuberc Respir Dis. 2011 71(3):210-215. https://doi.org/10.4046/trd.2011.71.3.210.
3. A Case of Systemic Thrombolysis in the Membranous Glomerulonephritis Presenting as Acute Inferior Vena Cava and Renal Vein Thrombosis. Kidney Res Clin Pract. 2010 29(4):489-493.
2. Brown Tumor of the Ulna and Radius: An Unusual Presentation of Primary Hyperparathyroidism. J Korean Endocr Soc. 2008 23(5):347-351. https://doi.org/10.3803/jkes.2008.23.5.347.
1. A Case of Bronchopulmonary Fistula Occurring while chemoradiotherapy for Advanced Non small Cell Lung Cancer. Inje Medical J. 2008 29(1):59-67.
1. Textbook of Heart Failure, The Korean Society of Heart Failure, ISBN 979-11-5590-131-1, 2020.1
2. METHOD FOR GENERATING CARDIOMYOCYTES.
1. METHOD FOR FORMING ENDOTHELIAL CELLS.